When you've made it through the shitshow, and you're ready to find what's next
Hey, I'm Ariel, and I believe in you.
I launched my membership platform, The Afterglow, as a private space for those of us who are getting balls-deep in our personal development.
Members get access to my most intimate work, including daily conscious embodiment videos, and weekly writing about NSFW self-dev, entrepreneurial ennui, and spiritual growth. Membership gets you exclusive access to the PROS BEFORE BROS audiobook, and deleted scenes that were too weird for my latest book, From Sh!tshow To Afterglow.
The Afterglow is your permission to get weird, get deep, and really dig in.
If you've made it through a shitshow, I invite you to join The Afterglow and feel supported as your new life takes shape.JOIN NOW
Daily movement inspo
Let's move together in the morning! This kind of daily devotional movement practice emphasizes movement as celebration, not obligation. I use insta's "close friends" feature to post movement prompts exclusively for members.
Weekly motivational emails
I email every Friday with contemplations for your weekend. My long-form essays cover everything from self-dev, spirituality, sex relationships, entrepreneurship, and more. Each one ends with prompts for your own work.
Huge portal of exclusive content
Members get 24/7 access to my massive online portal filled with books' worth of essays, journal prompts, erotic audiobooks, deleted chapters from Shitshow, guided meditations, resources, and more.
Deleted scenes from Sh!tshow
My third book, From Sh!tshow To Afterglow, was originally a memoir -- and a LOT of material got left on the cutting room floor. These are the chapters that were too dirty, too woo-woo, too weird, and too fucking raw for mainstream publication. Members of The Afterglow get access to 10 chapters' worth of uncut raw material - all the stuff that was too shitshowy for primetime.JOIN NOW
The Afterglow might be for you if...
- You're looking for motivation and tools to dig deeper into your personal development.
- You read my third book, From Sh!tshow To Afterglow, and want more -- much, much more.
- You've gotten a solid start in your self-dev journey, but you're starting to feel lonely and stuck.
- You survived a divorce and are trying to figure out what comes next.
- You came of age with me during the heyday of Offbeat Bride, and wish there was something like that for THIS time in your life.
- You're sick of ad-plastered websites and algorithmically-jacked social feeds.
- You want to feel connected to and in support of the creators you love.
"Lapdances for god" videos
As a nerd who's spent most of my life up in my brain, rattling around with the mind monkeys and studiously ignoring my body, using movement as a tool for embodied meditation and personal growth has been a game-changer in my life. I mostly dance for myself and the divine, but I share daily snippets with The Afterglow members on Insta. My intent is that they inspire members in their own movement practices, but if you just like to watch, that's fine too.JOIN NOW
Let's deep dive into The Afterglow's membership benefits.
Daily movement motivation on InstagramI have a devotional morning practice I call "lapdances for god," where I start each day by showing up, listening to my body, and moving it in gratitude. This is about movement as a celebration, not an obligation. It's not about skill or ability -- I show and move even when I'm sick, even when all I can do is lay on the floor and wiggle my fingers. I post my practice as "close friends"-only Insta stories at @findyourafterglow, and I encourage you to join me!
Weekly momentum-building emailsEvery Friday, I email The Afterglow's members with inspiration and motivation for their contemplation. Some weeks, these mailers are short and sweet. Other weeks, they're a long meaty essay with journal prompts. The goal of each weekly mailer is to get you thinking, get you moving, and give you a container for self-inquiry.
24/7 access to a members-only web portal
- Massive archive of The Afterglow essays for binge-reading, with journal prompts to encourage self-inquiry
- Audiobook for PROS BEFORE BROS: my heady, dark erotic memoir
- Deleted scenes from my book, From Sh!tshow To Afterglow: 10 chapters of material that was too dirty, too grief, too raw, and too weird for primetime
- Guided meditations and prayers, resources, and more
Members also receive 20% off all current and future product offerings, including talismanic book pairings and online courses. The Afterglow membership launched summer 2020, and will be expanding a lot in coming months... get in now at the launch rate, because the pricing will increase as the offerings grow.
PROS BEFORE BROS Audiobook
The audiobook for my second book, PROS BEFORE BROS is available exclusively to members of The Afterglow. PROS BEFORE BROS is a true story about sex work and grabbing your own healing by the balls, the narrative explores identity, feminism, shame, surrender, gender roles, bdsm, empowerment, embodiment, and trying to get out of your own damn head.JOIN NOW
The Afterglow is NOT...
- The Afterglow is NOT an online community. The Afterglow is here to reassure you that you're not alone, but it's not a forum or a Facebook group. It's here to hold your hand in the dark and whisper that you're not the only one feeling your way through a transformation, but it's not a place to seek advice.
- The Afterglow is NOT group coaching. I am not a counselor or a therapist or a coach. I am not a guru. I am a storyteller. I share the rawest versions of my experiences to support you fully embracing your experiences. I crack my head open and share how I process my shit, dismantle my ego, compassionately work with my weaknesses.
- The Afterglow is NOT a how-to program or an online course. I am not qualified to give you step-by-step answers for how to disassemble your ego, or reassemble your life. Part of this process for each of us finding the empowerment and agency to unfold in our own ways, making our own choices. Your autonomy is sovereign. In this work, I'm not your mom, your boss, or your domme.
The Afterglow is a platform to support you doing your own work, figuring out your own answers, and finding your unique afterglow.
What readers are saying...
Ariel pushes her readers to, well, push themselves.
Her work is honest and raw and beautiful.
Fuuuuck, [this] makes me feel so seen. Lots of tears (real tears)... but it's also incredibly reassuring.
Ariel's self-development writing is some of my favorite... EVER, from anyone.
Her process resonates big time.
I believe in you.
The Afterglow provides daily motivation and encouragement. I'm here to motivate you, entertain you, make you think, make you laugh, make you move.
I ask hard questions. I'm here with endless invitations for contemplation... but I am NOT here to tell you what to do.
The Afterglow is here to empower you in finding your own answers.
Bonus for Annual Subscribers
Luxe Afterglow Altar Set
I want your membership to The Afterglow to be a full sensory experience. I don't just want it to be words in your head, I want you to have these curated talismanic objects with you as we do this work together:
- Luxe gold-embossed Moleskine journal
- Handstamped raw brass Shitshow to Afterglow hoop earrings by Seattle jewelry Squirrel vs Coyote
- Handmade Afterglow meditation candle by UNLAX Candles
- Signed author's edition of my third book, From Sh!tshow To Afterglow
Annual members get this $200 set, and all the benefits of a monthly membership -- plus an annual discount (2 months free!).JOIN NOW
Join The Afterglow
The Afterglow Monthly Membership
The Afterglow is here for you with daily movement videos, weekly motivational mailers and exclusive essays, a massive archive of NSFW self-dev essays and prompts, the PROS BEFORE BROS audiobook, deleted scenes from Sh!tshow, guided meditations, resources, and more!
$50.00 USD every month
The Afterglow Annual Membership + Luxe Altar Set
All the benefits of a monthly membership with an annual discount (2 months free, $100 value), PLUS a luxe Afterglow Altar Set ($200 value), including a branded journal & meditation candle, handcrafted earrings, and a signed author's edition of Sh!tshow.
$500.00 USD every year
Afterglow LITE: weekly mailer only
Follow along with weekly motivational mailers delivered straight to your inbox! This does NOT include access to daily vids or the member portal (which means no essay archives, audiobooks, deleted scenes, etc) but it's an accessible way to dip your toe into The Afterglow.